Basic Job Description:
Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Analyze budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
1) Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
2) Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
3) Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
4) Match appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for broader programs, including items for emergency funds.
5) Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
6) Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
8) Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
9) Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
Is being a "Budget Analyst" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, and explore alternative financing methods.
11) Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
12) Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
13) Testify before examining and fund-granting authorities, clarifying and promoting the proposed budgets.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-R SOC: 13-2031.00