Basic Job Description:
Operate steam or internal combustion engines to transmit, compress, or recover gases, such as butane, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas, in various production processes.
1) Moves controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
2) Monitors meters, gauges, and recording instrument charts to ensure specified temperature, pressure, and flow of gas through system.
3) Operates equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines.
4) Observes operation of equipment to detect malfunctions.
5) Conducts chemical tests to evaluate quality of gas.
6) Performs minor repairs on equipment, using hand tools.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Operates or tends equipment to purify gases.
8) Records instrument readings and operational changes in operating log.
9) Connect pipelines between pumps and containers that are being filled or emptied.
Is being a "Gas Compressor Operator" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-I SOC: 53-7071.02