Basic Job Description:
Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
1) Train and manage maintenance personnel and subcontractors.
2) Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
3) Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
4) Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
5) Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
6) Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
8) Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
9) Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
Is being a "Maintenance and Repair Workers, General" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
11) Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
12) Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams.
13) Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
14) Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
15) Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
16) Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
17) Align and balance new equipment after installation.
18) Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, or other measuring instruments.
19) Set up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, or tools.
20) Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices, or factories.
21) Fabricate or repair counters, benches, partitions, or other wooden structures, such as sheds or outbuildings.
22) Estimate repair costs.
23) Lay brick to repair or maintain buildings, walls, arches, or other structures.
24) Grind and reseat valves, using valve-grinding machines.
25) Assemble boilers at installation sites, using tools such as levels, plumb bobs, hammers, torches, or other hand tools.
26) Install equipment to improve the energy or operational efficiency of residential or commercial buildings.
27) Perform routine maintenance on boilers, such as replacing burners or hoses, installing replacement parts, or reinforcing structural weaknesses to ensure optimal boiler efficiency.
28) Position, attach, or blow insulating materials to prevent energy losses from buildings, pipes, or other structures or objects.
29) Provide grounds keeping services, such as landscaping and snow removal.
30) Perform general cleaning of buildings or properties.
31) Test and treat water supply.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 49-9071.00