1) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
2) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
3) Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
4) Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
5) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
6) Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
7) Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
8) Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
9) Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
11) Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
12) Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
13) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
14) Provide Consultation and Advice to Others -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
15) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
16) Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
17) Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
18) Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
19) Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
20) Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment -- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
21) Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment -- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
22) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
23) Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
"Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technician" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-R-C SOC: 17-3021.00