1) Near Vision -- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2) Far Vision -- The ability to see details at a distance.
3) Depth Perception -- The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
4) Reaction Time -- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
5) Response Orientation -- The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (lights, sounds, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
6) Selective Attention -- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
7) Control Precision -- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
8) Problem Sensitivity -- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
9) Spatial Orientation -- The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
11) Night Vision -- The ability to see under low light conditions.
12) Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
13) Multilimb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
14) Time Sharing -- The ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch, or other sources).
15) Peripheral Vision -- The ability to see objects or movement of objects to one's side when the eyes are looking ahead.
16) Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
17) Rate Control -- The ability to time your movements or the movement of a piece of equipment in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
18) Arm-Hand Steadiness -- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
19) Speech Recognition -- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
20) Glare Sensitivity -- The ability to see objects in the presence of glare or bright lighting.
21) Visual Color Discrimination -- The ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
22) Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
23) Deductive Reasoning -- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
24) Inductive Reasoning -- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
25) Flexibility of Closure -- The ability to identify or detect a known pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in other distracting material.
26) Hearing Sensitivity -- The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
27) Perceptual Speed -- The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object.
28) Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
"Bus Driver, Transit and Intercity" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-S-C SOC: 53-3021.00