1) Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
2) Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
3) Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
4) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
5) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
6) Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
7) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
8) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
9) Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
11) Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
12) Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
13) Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
14) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
15) Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
16) Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
17) Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
18) Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others -- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
19) Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
20) Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
21) Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
22) Performing for or Working Directly with the Public -- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
23) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
24) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
25) Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
26) Coaching and Developing Others -- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
27) Selling or Influencing Others -- Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
28) Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
29) Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
30) Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
31) Provide Consultation and Advice to Others -- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
"Civil Engineer" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-I-C SOC: 17-2051.00