1) Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment -- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
2) Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -- Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
3) Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
4) Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
5) Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
6) Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
7) Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
8) Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others -- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
9) Monitoring and Controlling Resources -- Monitoring and controlling resources and overseeing the spending of money.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
10) Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information -- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
11) Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
12) Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
13) Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
14) Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
15) Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
16) Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates -- Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
17) Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
18) Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
19) Staffing Organizational Units -- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in an organization.
20) Scheduling Work and Activities -- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
21) Performing Administrative Activities -- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
22) Communicating with Persons Outside Organization -- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
23) Developing Objectives and Strategies -- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
24) Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
25) Handling and Moving Objects -- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
26) Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others -- Translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
27) Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People -- Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
"Ship and Boat Captain" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 53-5021.01