Basic Job Description:
Direct and coordinate, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in agricultural crop production for corporations, cooperatives, or other owners.
1) Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
2) Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
3) Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
4) Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
5) Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
6) Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
8) Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
9) Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
Is being an "Agricultural Crop Farm Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
11) Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
12) Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
13) Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
14) Negotiates with bank officials to obtain credit from bank.
15) Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-R-C SOC: 11-9011.02