Basic Job Description:
Handle animals for the purpose of investigations of mistreatment, or control of abandoned, dangerous, or unattended animals.
1) Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled, or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as necessary.
2) Euthanize rabid, unclaimed, or severely injured animals.
3) Examine animal licenses, and inspect establishments housing animals for compliance with laws.
4) Examine animals for injuries or malnutrition, and arrange for any necessary medical treatment.
5) Investigate reports of animal attacks or animal cruelty, interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence, and writing reports.
6) Issue warnings or citations in connection with animal-related offenses, or contact police to report violations and request arrests.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Remove captured animals from animal-control service vehicles and place animals in shelter cages or other enclosures.
8) Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
9) Write reports of activities, and maintain files of impoundments and dispositions of animals.
Is being an "Animal Control Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Answer inquiries from the public concerning animal control operations.
11) Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and animal control trucks.
12) Contact animal owners to inform them that their pets are at animal holding facilities.
13) Educate the public about animal welfare, and animal control laws and regulations.
14) Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
15) Prepare for prosecutions related to animal treatment, and give evidence in court.
16) Train police officers in dog handling and training techniques for tracking, crowd control, and narcotics and bomb detection.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-R-E SOC: 33-9011.00