Basic Job Description:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of animal husbandry or animal care workers.
1) Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
2) Monitor animal care, maintenance, or breeding; or packing and transfer activities to ensure work is done correctly.
3) Train workers in animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
4) Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of veterinarians.
5) Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
6) Perform the same animal care duties as subordinates.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare reports concerning facility activities, employees' time records, and animal treatment.
8) Confer with managers to determine production requirements, conditions of equipment and supplies, and work schedules.
9) Study feed, weight, health, genetic, or milk production records in order to determine feed formulas and rations and breeding schedules.
Is being an "Animal Husbandry-Animal Care Supervisor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Direct and assist workers in maintenance and repair of facilities.
11) Inspect buildings, fences, fields or ranges, supplies, and equipment in order to determine work to be performed.
12) Establish work schedules and procedures.
13) Transport or arrange for transport of animals, equipment, food, animal feed, and other supplies to and from worksites.
14) Plan budgets and arrange for purchase of animals, feed, or supplies.
15) Operate euthanasia equipment to destroy animals.
16) Recruit, hire, and pay workers.
17) Inseminate livestock artificially to produce desired offspring.
18) Investigate complaints of animal neglect or cruelty, and follow up on complaints appearing to require prosecution.
19) Monitor eggs and adjust incubator thermometers and gauges to facilitate hatching progress and to maintain specified conditions.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 45-1011.08