Basic Job Description:
Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
1) Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary.
2) Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data.
3) Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
4) Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
5) Represent architect on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision.
6) Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to lists of materials.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
8) Analyze technical implications of architect's design concept, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
9) Create freehand drawings and lettering to accompany drawings.
Is being an "Architectural Drafter" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Prepare colored drawings of landscape and interior designs for presentation to client.
11) Reproduce drawings on copy machines or trace copies of plans and drawings, using transparent paper or cloth, ink, pencil, and standard drafting instruments.
12) Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision.
13) Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
14) Build landscape, architectural and display models.
15) Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
16) Operate computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms and records.
17) Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation in order to graphically represent building plans.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-A-C SOC: 17-3011.01