Basic Job Description:
Maintain order in courts of law.
1) Collect and retain unauthorized firearms from persons entering courtroom.
2) Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
3) Guard lodging of sequestered jury.
4) Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
5) Enforce courtroom rules of behavior and warn persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
6) Report need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies for use of judge.
8) Announce entrance of judge.
9) Stop people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
Is being a "Bailiff" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-C SOC: 33-3011.00