Basic Job Description:
Mix and bake ingredients according to recipes to produce breads, pastries, and other baked goods. Goods are produced in large quantities for sale through establishments such as grocery stores. Generally, high volume production equipment is used.
1) Measures flour and other ingredients to prepare batters, dough, fillings, and icings, using scale and graduated containers.
2) Places dough in pans, molds, or on sheets, and bakes dough in oven or on grill.
3) Dumps ingredients into mixing-machine bowl or steam kettle to mix or cook ingredients according to specific instructions.
4) Decorates cakes.
5) Applies glace, icing, or other topping to baked goods, using spatula or brush.
6) Rolls, cuts, and shapes dough to form sweet rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and related products prior to baking.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Observes color of products being baked and adjusts oven temperature.
8) Develops new recipes for cakes and icings.
9) Mixes ingredients to make icings, decorates cakes and pastries, and blends colors for icings, shaped ornaments, and statuaries.
Is being a "Baker, Manufacturing" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 51-3011.02