Basic Job Description:
Provide barbering services, such as cutting, trimming, shampooing, and styling hair, trimming beards, or giving shaves.
1) Recommend and sell lotions, tonics, or other cosmetic supplies.
2) Identify hair problems, using microscopes and testing devices, or by sending clients' hair samples out to independent laboratories for analysis.
3) Provide skin care and nail treatments.
4) Order supplies.
5) Perform clerical and administrative duties such as keeping records, paying bills, and hiring and supervising personnel.
6) Provide face, neck, and scalp massages.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Apply lather; and shave beards, or neck and temple hair contours, using razors.
8) Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments.
9) Clean work stations and sweep floors.
Is being a "Barber" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Curl, color, or straighten hair, using special chemical solutions and equipment.
11) Cut and trim hair according to clients' instructions and/or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
12) Drape and pin protective cloths around customers' shoulders.
13) Question patrons regarding desired services and haircut styles.
14) Record services provided on cashiers' tickets or receive payment from customers.
15) Shampoo hair.
16) Shape and trim beards and moustaches, using scissors.
17) Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
18) Suggest treatments to alleviate hair problems.
19) Keep card files on clientele, recording notes of work done, products used and fees charged after each visit.
20) Measure, fit, and groom hairpieces.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-S-E SOC: 39-5011.00