Basic Job Description:
Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment. Duties include receiving payment and posting amount to customer's account; preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond; initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection; keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
1) Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
2) Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
3) Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
4) Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits in order to solicit payment.
5) Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
6) Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
8) Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
9) Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes and purging the records of deceased customers.
Is being a "Bill and Account Collector" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
11) Negotiate credit extensions when necessary.
12) Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of neighbors.
13) Notify credit departments, order merchandise repossession or service disconnection, and turn over account records to attorneys when customers fail to respond to collection attempts.
14) Drive vehicles to visit customers, return merchandise to creditors, or deliver bills.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-3011.00