Basic Job Description:
Define, plan, or execute biofuels/biodiesel research programs that evaluate alternative feedstock and process technologies with near-term commercial potential.
1) Oversee biodiesel/biofuels prototyping or development projects.
2) Develop lab scale models of industrial scale processes, such as fermentation.
3) Develop computational tools or approaches to improve biofuels research and development activities.
4) Develop carbohydrates arrays and associated methods for screening enzymes involved in biomass conversion.
5) Provide technical or scientific guidance to technical staff in the conduct of biofuels research or development.
6) Prepare, or oversee the preparation of, experimental plans for biofuels research or development.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare biofuels research and development reports for senior management or technical professionals.
8) Perform protein functional analysis and engineering for processing of feedstock and creation of biofuels.
9) Develop separation processes to recover biofuels.
Is being a "Biofuels-Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Develop methods to recover ethanol or other fuels from complex bioreactor liquid and gas streams.
11) Develop methods to estimate the efficiency of biomass pretreatments.
12) Design or execute solvent or product recovery experiments in laboratory or field settings.
13) Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
14) Conduct experiments to test new or alternate feedstock fermentation processes.
15) Design or conduct applied biodiesel or biofuels research projects on topics such as transport, thermodynamics, mixing, filtration, distillation, fermentation, extraction, and separation.
16) Design chemical conversion processes, such as etherification, esterification, interesterification, transesterification, distillation, hydrogenation, oxidation or reduction of fats and oils, and vegetable oil refining.
17) Analyze data from biofuels studies, such as fluid dynamics, water treatments, or solvent extraction and recovery processes.
18) Propose new biofuels products, processes, technologies or applications based on findings from applied biofuels or biomass research projects.
19) Conduct research to breed or develop energy crops with improved biomass yield, environmental adaptability, pest resistance, production efficiency, bioprocessing characteristics, or reduced environmental impacts.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-9041.01