Basic Job Description:
Manage operations at biomass power generation facilities. Direct work activities at plant, including supervision of operations and maintenance staff.
1) Test, maintain, or repair electrical power distribution machinery or equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and testing devices.
2) Monitor and operate communications systems, such as mobile radios.
3) Adjust equipment controls to generate specified amounts of electrical power.
4) Supervise operations or maintenance employees in the production of power from biomass such as wood, coal, paper sludge, or other waste or refuse.
5) Shut down and restart biomass power plants or equipment in emergency situations or for equipment maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
6) Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments or to identify abnormalities with power production equipment or processes.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Review biomass operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
8) Prepare and manage biomass plant budgets.
9) Plan and schedule plant activities such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
Is being a "Biomass Power Plant Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Operate controls to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
11) Inspect biomass gasification processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.
12) Supervise biomass plant or substation operations, maintenance, repair, or testing activities.
13) Monitor the operating status of biomass plants by observing control system parameters, distributed control systems, switchboard gauges, dials, or other indicators.
14) Conduct field inspections of biomass plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions.
15) Manage parts and supply inventories for biomass plants.
16) Compile and record operational data on forms or in log books.
17) Prepare reports on biomass plant operations, status, maintenance, and other information.
18) Evaluate power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-3051.04