Basic Job Description:
Apply knowledge of engineering, biology, and biomechanical principles to the design, development, and evaluation of biological and health systems and products, such as artificial organs, prostheses, instrumentation, medical information systems, and health management and care delivery systems.
1) Advise and assist in the application of instrumentation in clinical environments.
2) Conduct research, along with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists, on the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals.
3) Design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment, and procedures, utilizing the principles of engineering and bio-behavioral sciences.
4) Develop models or computer simulations of human bio-behavioral systems in order to obtain data for measuring or controlling life processes.
5) Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
6) Install, adjust, maintain, and/or repair biomedical equipment.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Research new materials to be used for products such as implanted artificial organs.
8) Adapt or design computer hardware or software for medical science uses.
9) Advise hospital administrators on the planning, acquisition, and use of medical equipment.
Is being a "Biomedical Engineer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Analyze new medical procedures in order to forecast likely outcomes.
11) Design and deliver technology to assist people with disabilities.
12) Develop new applications for energy sources, such as using nuclear power for biomedical implants.
13) Diagnose and interpret bioelectric data, using signal processing techniques.
14) Teach biomedical engineering, or disseminate knowledge about field through writing or consulting.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 17-2031.00