Basic Job Description:
Drive bus or motor coach, including regular route operations, charters, and private carriage. May assist passengers with baggage. May collect fares or tickets.
1) Inspect vehicles, and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
2) Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules in order to transport passengers, complying with traffic regulations.
3) Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
4) Assist passengers with baggage and collect tickets or cash fares.
5) Report delays or accidents.
6) Advise passengers to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
8) Load and unload baggage in baggage compartments.
9) Record cash receipts and ticket fares.
Is being a "Bus Driver, Transit and Intercity" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Make minor repairs to vehicle and change tires.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-S-C SOC: 53-3021.00