Basic Job Description:
Cut, trim, or prepare consumer-sized portions of meat for use or sale in retail establishments.
1) Negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
2) Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
3) Record quantity of meat received and issued to cooks and/or keep records of meat sales.
4) Supervise other butchers or meat cutters.
5) Cure, smoke, tenderize and preserve meat.
6) Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
8) Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
9) Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
Is being a "Butcher and Meat Cutter" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Total sales, and collect money from customers.
11) Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat.
12) Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 51-3021.00