Basic Job Description:
Develop, test, calibrate, operate, and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, electrohydraulic, or electronic measuring and recording instruments, apparatus, and equipment.
1) Sketches plans for developing jigs, fixtures, instruments, and related nonstandard apparatus.
2) Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
3) Plans sequence of testing and calibration program for instruments and equipment according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
4) Performs preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
5) Confers with engineers, supervisor, and other technical workers to assist with equipment installation, maintenance, and repair techniques.
6) Analyzes and converts test data, using mathematical formulas, and reports results and proposed modifications.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Sets up test equipment and conducts tests on performance and reliability of mechanical, structural, or electromechanical equipment.
8) Selects sensing, telemetering, and recording instrumentation and circuitry.
9) Disassembles and reassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects instruments and equipment for defects.
Is being a "Calibration and Instrumentation Technician" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-I SOC: 17-3023.02