Basic Job Description:
Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
1) Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
2) Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
3) Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
4) Greet customers entering establishments.
5) Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
6) Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
8) Resolve customer complaints.
9) Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
Is being a "Cashier" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Cash checks for customers.
11) Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
12) Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
13) Compute and record totals of transactions.
14) Sell tickets and other items to customers.
15) Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
16) Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
17) Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
18) Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
19) Pay company bills by cash, vouchers, or checks.
20) Request information or assistance using paging systems.
21) Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
22) Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
23) Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
24) Post charges against guests' or patients' accounts.
25) Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-R SOC: 41-2011.00