Basic Job Description:
Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and child care institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
1) Observe and monitor children's play activities.
2) Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
3) Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
4) Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
5) Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
6) Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
8) Operate in-house daycare centers within businesses.
9) Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas.
Is being a "Child Care Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Provide counseling or therapy to mentally disturbed, delinquent, or handicapped children.
11) Dress children and change diapers.
12) Help children with homework and school work.
13) Perform housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, dishwashing, and changing of linens.
14) Accompany children to and from school, on outings, and to medical appointments.
15) Place or hoist children into baths or pools.
16) Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
17) Care for children in institutional setting, such as group homes, nursery schools, private businesses, or schools for the handicapped.
18) Sanitize toys and play equipment.
19) Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
20) Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-A-R SOC: 39-9011.00