Basic Job Description:
Adjust spinal column and other articulations of the body to correct abnormalities of the human body believed to be caused by interference with the nervous system. Examine patient to determine nature and extent of disorder. Manipulate spine or other involved area. May utilize supplementary measures, such as exercise, rest, water, light, heat, and nutritional therapy.
1) Perform a series of manual adjustments to the spine, or other articulations of the body, in order to correct the musculoskeletal system.
2) Evaluate the functioning of the neuromuscularskeletal system and the spine using systems of chiropractic diagnosis.
3) Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories; questioning, observing and examining patients; and interpreting x-rays.
4) Maintain accurate case histories of patients.
5) Advise patients about recommended courses of treatment.
6) Obtain and record patients' medical histories.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Analyze x-rays in order to locate the sources of patients' difficulties and to rule out fractures or diseases as sources of problems.
8) Counsel patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, and other matters.
9) Arrange for diagnostic x-rays to be taken.
Is being a "Chiropractor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Consult with and refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
11) Suggest and apply the use of supports such as straps, tapes, bandages, and braces if necessary.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-R-S SOC: 29-1011.00