Basic Job Description:
Interview unemployed workers and compile data to determine eligibility for unemployment benefits.
1) Interviews claimants returning at specified intervals to certify claimants for continuing benefits.
2) Assists applicants in filling out forms, using knowledge of information required or native language of applicant.
3) Refers applicants to job opening or interview with other staff, in accordance with administrative guidelines or office procedure.
4) Schedules unemployment insurance claimants for adjudication interview when question of eligibility arises.
5) Answers questions concerning registration for jobs or application for unemployment benefits.
6) Reviews data on job application or claim forms to ensure completeness.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Assists applicants completing application forms for job referrals or unemployment compensation claims.
8) Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
9) Report overpayments, underpayments, and other irregularities.
Is being a "Claims Taker, Unemployment Benefit" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-S-E SOC: 43-4061.01