Basic Job Description:
Coating Machine Operators and Tenders: Operate or tend machines to coat any of a wide variety of items: Coating food products with sugar, chocolate, or butter; coat paper and paper products with chemical solutions, wax, or glazes; or coat fabric with rubber or plastic. Painting and Spraying Machine Operators and Tenders: Operate or tend machines to spray or paint decorative, protective, or other coating or finish, such as adhesive, lacquer, paint, stain, latex, preservative, oil, or other solutions. May apply coating or finish to any of a wide variety of items or materials, such as wood and wood products, ceramics, and glass. Includes workers who apply coating or finish to materials preparatory to further processing or to consumer use.
1) Observes machine operation and gauges to detect defects or deviations from standards.
2) Fills hopper, reservoir, trough, or pan with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyor or pail.
3) Measures and mixes specified quantities of substances to create coatings, paints, or sprays.
4) Threads or feeds item or product through or around machine rollers and dryers.
5) Examines, measures, weighs, or tests sample product to ensure conformance to specifications.
6) Cleans machine, equipment and work area, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Records production data.
8) Transfers completed item or product from machine to drying or storage area, using handcart, handtruck or crane.
9) Places item or product on feedrack, spindle, or reel strand to coat, paint, or spray, using hands, hoist, or trucklift.
Is being a "Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Operator and Tender" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Aligns or fastens machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades to secure roll, using hand tools.
11) Attaches specified hose or nozzle to machine, using wrench and pliers.
12) Starts and stops operation of machine, using lever or button.
13) Turns dial, handwheel, valve or switch to control and adjust temperature, speed, and flow of product or machine.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-I SOC: 51-9121.02