Basic Job Description:
Operate or tend more than one type of cutting or forming machine tool which has been previously set up. Includes such machine tools as band saws, press brakes, slitting machines, drills, lathes, and boring machines.
1) Inspects workpiece for defects and measures workpiece, using rule, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation.
2) Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoir.
3) Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece, using file, hand grinder, wire brush, or power tools.
4) Installs machine components, such as chucks, boring bars, or cutting tools, according to specifications, using hand tools.
5) Sets machine stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
6) Adjusts machine components and changes worn accessories, such as cutting tools and brushes, using hand tools.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Extracts or lifts jammed pieces from machine, using fingers, wire hooks, or lift bar.
8) Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
9) Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
Is being a "Combination Machine Tool Operator and Tender, Metal and Plastic" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Activates and tends or operates machines to cut, shape, thread, bore, drill, tap, bend, or mill metal or non-metallic material.
11) Positions, adjusts, and secures workpiece against stops, on arbor, or in chuck, fixture, or automatic feeding mechanism manually or using hoist.
12) Aligns layout marks with die or blade.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 51-4081.02