Basic Job Description:
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
1) Manage backup, security and user help systems.
2) Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
3) Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
4) Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
5) Stay abreast of advances in technology.
6) Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
8) Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
9) Control operational budget and expenditures.
Is being a "Computer and Information Systems Manager" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
11) Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
12) Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, and/or participate in staffing decisions.
13) Review project plans in order to plan and coordinate project activity.
14) Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
15) Prepare and review operational reports or project progress reports.
16) Purchase necessary equipment.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-I SOC: 11-3021.00