Basic Job Description:
Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of the cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
1) Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
2) Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
3) Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
4) Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
5) Take food and drink orders and receive payment from customers.
6) Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
8) Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
9) Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
Is being a "Fast Food Cook" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
11) Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
12) Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
13) Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
14) Prepare dough, following recipe.
15) Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
16) Prepare and serve beverages such as coffee and fountain drinks.
17) Mix ingredients such as pancake or waffle batters.
18) Order and take delivery of supplies.
19) Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 35-2011.00