Basic Job Description:
Assess and evaluate individuals' problems through the use of case history, interview, and observation and provide individual or group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
1) Select, administer, and interpret psychological tests to assess intelligence, aptitudes, abilities, or interests.
2) Consult with other professionals to discuss therapies, treatments, counseling resources, or techniques, and to share occupational information.
3) Refer clients to specialists or to other institutions for non-counseling treatment of problems.
4) Conduct research to develop or improve diagnostic or therapeutic counseling techniques.
5) Provide consulting services to schools, social service agencies, and businesses.
6) Advise clients on how they could be helped by counseling.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Analyze data such as interview notes, test results, and reference manuals in order to identify symptoms, and to diagnose the nature of clients' problems.
8) Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
9) Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
Is being a "Counseling Psychologist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Develop therapeutic and treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, and needs.
11) Evaluate the results of counseling methods to determine the reliability and validity of treatments.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-I-A SOC: 19-3031.03