Basic Job Description:
Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table.
1) Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
2) Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
3) Replenish foods at serving stations.
4) Take customers' orders and write ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
5) Prepare food such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
6) Wrap menu item such as sandwiches, hot entrees, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines; and accept payment and make change.
8) Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
9) Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails; ladle soups and sauces; portion desserts; and fill beverage cups and glasses.
Is being a "Counter Attendant, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Add relishes and garnishes to food orders, according to instructions.
11) Carve meat.
12) Order items needed to replenish supplies.
13) Set up dining areas for meals and clear them following meals.
14) Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
15) Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
16) Arrange reservations for patrons of dining establishments.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-S-E SOC: 35-3022.00