Basic Job Description:
Pick up and carry messages, documents, packages, and other items between offices or departments within an establishment or to other business concerns, traveling by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, automobile, or public conveyance.
1) Walk, ride bicycles, drive vehicles, or use public conveyances in order to reach destinations to deliver messages or materials.
2) Load vehicles with listed goods, ensuring goods are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
3) Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes.
4) Receive messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone, two-way radio, or in person.
5) Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
6) Deliver messages and items, such as newspapers, documents, and packages, between establishment departments, and to other establishments and private homes.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
8) Obtain signatures and payments, or arrange for recipients to make payments.
9) Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients' responses to messages.
Is being a "Couriers and Messenger" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Check with home offices after completed deliveries, in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries.
11) Perform routine maintenance on delivery vehicles, such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing fuel.
12) Call by telephone in order to deliver verbal messages.
13) Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
14) Perform general office or clerical work such as filing materials, operating duplicating machines, or running errands.
15) Collect, seal, and stamp outgoing mail, using postage meters and envelope sealers.
16) Unload goods from large trucks, and load them onto smaller delivery vehicles.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 43-5021.00