Basic Job Description:
Design/make tailored garments, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabrics.
1) Develops design for garment, adapts existing design for garment, or copies existing design for garment.
2) Alters garment and joins parts, using needle and thread or sewing machine, to form finished garment.
3) Draws individual pattern or alters existing pattern to fit customer's measurements.
4) Sews buttons and buttonholes to finish garment.
5) Presses garment, using hand iron or pressing machine.
6) Confers with customer to determine type of material and garment style desired.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Positions pattern of garment parts on fabric, and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors.
8) Measures customer for size, using tape measure and records measurements.
9) Fits basted garment on customer and marks areas requiring alterations.
Is being a "Custom Tailor" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Assembles garment parts and joins parts with basting stitches, using needle and thread or sewing machine.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-A-E SOC: 51-6052.02