Basic Job Description:
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
1) Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
2) Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
3) Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
4) Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
5) Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
6) Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arrange for billing.
8) Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, and issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
9) Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
Is being a "Customer Service Representative" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Solicit sale of new or additional services or products.
11) Review insurance policy terms in order to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
12) Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective and approving or disapproving dealers' claims.
13) Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods.
14) Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
15) Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 43-4051.00