Basic Job Description:
Perform dances. May also sing or act.
1) Attend costume fittings, photography sessions, and makeup calls associated with dance performances.
2) Collaborate with choreographers in order to refine or modify dance steps.
3) Coordinate dancing with that of partners or dance ensembles.
4) Develop self-understanding of physical capabilities and limitations, and choose dance styles accordingly.
5) Harmonize body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment.
6) Perform classical, modern, or acrobatic dances in productions, expressing stories, rhythm, and sound with their bodies.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Perform in productions, singing or acting in addition to dancing, if required.
8) Study and practice dance moves required in roles.
9) Train, exercise, and attend dance classes to maintain high levels of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
Is being a "Dancer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Audition for dance roles or for membership in dance companies.
11) Devise and choreograph dance for self or others.
12) Monitor the field of dance to remain aware of current trends and innovations.
13) Teach dance students.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: A-S-R SOC: 27-2031.00