Basic Job Description:
Operate data entry device, such as keyboard or photo composing perforator. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing.
1) Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
2) Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
3) Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
4) Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
5) Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
6) Load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Resolve garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment.
8) Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
9) Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
Is being a "Data Entry Keyer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-R-E SOC: 43-9021.00