Basic Job Description:
Design, model, or implement corporate data warehousing activities. Program and configure warehouses of database information and provide support to warehouse users.
1) Test software systems or applications for software enhancements or new products.
2) Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality.
3) Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
4) Prepare functional or technical documentation for data warehouses.
5) Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
6) Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Select methods, techniques, or criteria for data warehousing evaluative procedures.
8) Perform system analysis, data analysis or programming, using a variety of computer languages and procedures.
9) Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
Is being a "Data Warehousing Specialist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Implement business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
11) Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems, such as administration, billing, or claims.
12) Develop or maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
13) Design and implement warehouse database structures.
14) Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
15) Create plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
16) Create or implement metadata processes and frameworks.
17) Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
18) Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 15-1199.07