Basic Job Description:
Coordinate changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
1) Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
2) Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
3) Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
4) Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
5) Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
6) Train users and answer questions.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator.
8) Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
9) Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
Is being a "Database Administrators" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
11) Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
12) Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
13) Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
14) Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
15) Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
16) Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
17) Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
18) Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: I-C-R SOC: 15-1061.00