Basic Job Description:
Clean teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease. May educate patients on oral hygiene, take and develop X-rays, or apply fluoride or sealants.
1) Clean calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums, using dental instruments.
2) Feel and visually examine gums for sores and signs of disease.
3) Chart conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
4) Feel lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
5) Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
6) Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Expose and develop x-ray film.
8) Provide clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health of school children.
9) Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
Is being a "Dental Hygienist" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Make impressions for study casts.
11) Place, carve, and finish amalgam restorations.
12) Administer local anesthetic agents.
13) Conduct dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
14) Remove sutures and dressings.
15) Place and remove rubber dams, matrices, and temporary restorations.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-C-R SOC: 29-2021.00