Basic Job Description:
Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
1) Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
2) Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
3) Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios.
4) Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
5) Prepare daily work and run schedules.
6) Receive or prepare work orders.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
8) Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
9) Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
Is being a "Dispatcher" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
11) Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
12) Ensure timely and efficient movement of trains according to train orders and schedules.
13) Order supplies and equipment, and issue them to personnel.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-R-E SOC: 43-5032.00