Basic Job Description:
Apply plasterboard or other wallboard to ceilings and interior walls of buildings.
1) Trims rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knife.
2) Fits and fastens wallboard or sheetrock into specified position, using hand tools, portable power tools, or adhesive.
3) Measures and marks cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim, using tape measure, straightedge or square, and marking devices.
4) Installs blanket insulation between studs and tacks plastic moisture barrier over insulation.
5) Removes plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbar and hammer.
6) Assembles and installs metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways, and vents.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
8) Lays out reference lines and points, computes position of framing and furring channels, and marks position, using chalk line.
9) Suspends angle iron grid and channel iron from ceiling, using wire.
Is being a "Drywall Installer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Installs horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
11) Cuts metal or wood framing, angle and channel iron, and trim to size, using cutting tools.
12) Cuts openings into board for electrical outlets, windows, vents, or fixtures, using keyhole saw or other cutting tools.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-E SOC: 47-2081.02