Basic Job Description:
Test, repair, rebuild, and assemble electric motors, generators, and equipment.
1) Repairs and rebuilds defective mechanical parts in electric motors, generators, and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
2) Rewinds coils on core while core is in slots, or makes replacement coils, using coil-winding machine.
3) Rewires electrical systems and repairs or replaces electrical accessories.
4) Installs, secures, and aligns parts, using hand tools, welding equipment, and electrical meters.
5) Replaces defective parts, such as coil leads, carbon brushes, and connecting wires, using soldering equipment.
6) Tests for overheating, using speed gauges and thermometers.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Reassembles repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
8) Records repairs required, parts used, and labor time.
9) Refaces, reams, and polishes commutators and machine parts to specified tolerances, using machine tools.
Is being an "Electric Motor and Switch Assemblers and Repairer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Cuts and forms insulation and inserts insulation into armature, rotor, or stator slots.
11) Inspects parts for wear or damage, or reads work order or schematic drawings to determine required repairs.
12) Assembles electrical parts, such as alternators, generators, starting devices, and switches, following schematic drawings, using hand, machine, and power tools.
13) Tests charges and replaces batteries.
14) Adjusts working parts, such as fan belt tension, voltage output, contacts and springs, using hand tools, and verifies corrections, using gauges.
15) Cuts and removes parts, such as defective coils and insulation.
16) Measures velocity, horsepower, r.p.m., amperage, circuitry, and voltage of unit or parts, using electrical meters and mechanical testing devices.
17) Disassembles defective unit, using hand tools.
18) Lifts units or parts, such as motors or generators, using crane or chain hoist.
19) Scrapes and cleans units or parts, using cleaning solvent, and lubricates moving parts.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-C-I SOC: 49-2092.02