Basic Job Description:
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
1) Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
2) Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
3) File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
4) Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
5) Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
6) Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
8) Make travel arrangements for executives.
9) Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
Is being an "Executive Secretary and Administrative Assistant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
11) Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
12) Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.
13) Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.
14) Manage and maintain executives' schedules.
15) Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
16) Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for offices and/or organizations.
17) Supervise and train other clerical staff.
18) Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
19) Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: C-E-S SOC: 43-6011.00