Basic Job Description:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of animal husbandry workers. Manager/Supervisors are generally found in smaller establishments where they perform both supervisory and management functions, such as accounting, marketing, and personnel work, and may also engage in the same animal husbandry work as the workers they supervise.
1) Assigns workers to tasks, such as feeding and treating animals, cleaning quarters, transferring animals, and maintaining facilities.
2) Notifies veterinarian and manager of serious illnesses or injuries to animals.
3) Monitors eggs and adjusts incubator thermometer and gauges, to ascertain hatching progress and maintain specified conditions.
4) Treats animal illness or injury, following experience or instructions of veterinarian.
5) Inseminates livestock artificially to produce desired offspring and to demonstrate techniques to farmers.
6) Transports or arranges for transport of animals, equipment, food, animal feed, and other supplies to and from worksite.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Requisitions equipment, materials, and supplies.
8) Prepares animal condition, production, feed consumption, and worker attendance reports.
9) Trains workers in animal care, artificial insemination techniques, egg candling and sorting, and transfer of animals.
Is being a "Supervisors and Manager- Animal Husbandry Worker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Observes animals, such as cattle, sheep, poultry, or game animals, for signs of illness, injury, nervousness, or unnatural behavior.
11) Plans and prepares work schedules.
12) Recruits, hires, and pays workers.
13) Confers with manager to discuss and ascertain production requirements, condition of equipment and supplies, and work schedules.
14) Inspects buildings, fences, fields or range, supplies, and equipment to determine work to be done.
15) Studies feed, weight, health, genetic, or milk production records to determine feed formula and rations or breeding schedule.
16) Oversees animal care, maintenance, breeding, or packing and transfer activities to ensure work is done correctly, and to identify and solve problems.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-C SOC: 45-1011.02