Basic Job Description:
Manage or coordinate fitness and wellness programs and services. Manage and train staff of wellness specialists, health educators, or fitness instructors.
1) Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
2) Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
3) Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
4) Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
5) Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness and wellness programs.
6) Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants.
8) Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
9) Respond to customer, public, or media requests for information about wellness programs or services.
Is being a "Fitness and Wellness Coordinator" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Recommend or approve new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues, or minimize costs.
11) Organize and oversee health screenings, such as flu, mammography, blood pressure, and cholesterol screenings.
12) Organize and oversee fitness or wellness events or programs, such as information presentations, blood drives, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or first aid training, or organized runs or walks.
13) Operate, and instruct others in, proper operation of fitness equipment, such as weight machines, exercise bicycles, benches, hand weights, and fitness assessment devices.
14) Manage or oversee fitness or recreation facilities, ensuring safe and clean facilities and equipment.
15) Maintain wellness- and fitness-related schedules, records, or reports.
16) Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars for wellness and fitness staff.
17) Develop fitness or wellness classes, such as yoga, aerobics, weightlifting, and aquatics, ensuring a diversity of class offerings.
18) Supervise fitness or wellness workers, such as fitness instructors, recreation workers, nutritionists, and health educators.
19) Develop or coordinate fitness and wellness programs or services.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: NA SOC: 11-9039.02