Basic Job Description:
Provide personal services to ensure the safety and comfort of airline passengers during flight. Greet passengers, verify tickets, explain use of safety equipment, and serve food or beverages.
1) Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
2) Answer passengers' questions about flights, aircraft, weather, travel routes and services, arrival times, and/or schedules.
3) Assist passengers in placing carry-on luggage in overhead, garment, or under-seat storage.
4) Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft.
5) Attend preflight briefings concerning weather, altitudes, routes, emergency procedures, crew coordination, lengths of flights, food and beverage services offered, and numbers of passengers.
6) Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are aboard and are in adequate supply.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Collect money for meals and beverages.
8) Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort, and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
9) Determine special assistance needs of passengers such as small children, the elderly, or disabled persons.
Is being a "Flight Attendants" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency, such as directing passengers to evacuate a plane following an emergency landing.
11) Prepare passengers and aircraft for landing, following procedures.
12) Greet passengers boarding aircraft and direct them to assigned seats.
13) Heat and serve prepared foods.
14) Announce flight delays and descent preparations.
15) Sell alcoholic beverages to passengers.
16) Take inventory of headsets, alcoholic beverages, and money collected.
17) Walk aisles of planes to verify that passengers have complied with federal regulations prior to take-offs and landings.
18) Administer first aid to passengers in distress.
19) Inspect and clean cabins, checking for any problems and making sure that cabins are in order.
20) Inspect passenger tickets to verify information and to obtain destination information.
21) Operate audio and video systems.
22) Prepare reports showing places of departure and destination, passenger ticket numbers, meal and beverage inventories, the conditions of cabin equipment, and any problems encountered by passengers.
23) Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
24) Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-S-A SOC: 39-6031.00