Basic Job Description:
Serve food to patrons outside of a restaurant environment, such as in hotels, hospital rooms, or cars.
1) Carry food, silverware, and/or linen on trays, or use carts to carry trays.
2) Place food servings on plates and trays according to orders or instructions.
3) Prepare food items such as sandwiches, salads, soups, and beverages.
4) Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
5) Load trays with accessories such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments.
6) Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines such as those for special diets are followed.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
8) Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, and straws.
9) Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
Is being a "Food Servers" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Clean and sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and facilities.
11) Determine where patients or patrons would like to eat their meals and help them get situated.
12) Monitor food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
13) Record amounts and types of special food items served to customers.
14) Total checks, present them to customers, and accept payment for services.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-R-E SOC: 35-3041.00