Basic Job Description:
Perform variety of tasks during funeral, such as placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service; arranging floral offerings or lights around casket; directing or escorting mourners; closing casket; and issuing and storing funeral equipment.
1) Offer assistance to mourners as they enter or exit limousines.
2) Close caskets at appropriate point in services.
3) Transfer the deceased to funeral homes.
4) Obtain burial permits and register deaths.
5) Direct or escort mourners to parlors or chapels in which wakes or funerals are being held.
6) Place caskets in parlors or chapels prior to wakes or funerals.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Clean and drive funeral vehicles such as cars or hearses in funeral processions.
8) Carry flowers to hearses or limousines for transportation to places of interment.
9) Clean funeral parlors and chapels.
Is being a "Funeral Attendant" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Arrange floral offerings or lights around caskets.
11) Provide advice to mourners on how to make charitable donations in honor of the deceased.
12) Perform general maintenance duties for funeral homes.
13) Issue and store funeral equipment.
14) Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
15) Greet people at the funeral home.
16) Assist with cremations, and with the processing and packaging of cremated remains.
17) Act as pallbearers.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: S-E-R SOC: 39-4021.00