Basic Job Description:
Operate table games. Stand or sit behind table and operate games of chance by dispensing the appropriate number of cards or blocks to players, or operating other gaming equipment. Compare the house's hand against players' hands and payoff or collect players' money or chips.
1) Exchange paper currency for playing chips or coin money.
2) Pay winnings or collect losing bets as established by the rules and procedures of a specific game.
3) Deal cards to house hands, and compare these with players' hands to determine winners, as in black jack.
4) Conduct gambling games such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, following all applicable rules and regulations.
5) Check to ensure that all players have placed bets before play begins.
6) Stand behind a gaming table and deal the appropriate number of cards to each player.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Inspect cards and equipment to be used in games to ensure that they are in good condition.
8) Start and control games and gaming equipment, and announce winning numbers or colors.
9) Open and close cash floats and game tables.
Is being a "Gaming Dealer" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Compute amounts of players' wins or losses, or scan winning tickets presented by patrons to calculate the amount of money won.
11) Apply rule variations to card games such as poker, in which players bet on the value of their hands.
12) Receive, verify, and record patrons' cash wagers.
13) Answer questions about game rules and casino policies.
14) Refer patrons to gaming cashiers to collect winnings.
15) Work as part of a team of dealers in games such as baccarat or craps.
16) Participate in games for gambling establishments in order to provide the minimum complement of players at a table.
17) Seat patrons at gaming tables.
18) Prepare collection reports for submission to supervisors.
19) Monitor gambling tables and supervise staff.
20) Train new dealers.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-R SOC: 39-3011.00