Basic Job Description:
Apply pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer to crops and livestock; plant, maintain, and harvest food crops; and tend livestock and poultry. Repair farm buildings and fences. Duties may include: operating milking machines and other dairy processing equipment; supervising seasonal help; irrigating crops; and hauling livestock products to market.
1) Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
2) Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
3) Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
4) Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
5) Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
6) Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?
7) Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
8) Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
9) Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
Is being a "General Farmworker" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
10) Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures.
11) Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
12) Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
13) Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
14) Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3||Part 4||Part 5|
|Duties / Tasks||Activities||Skills||Abilities||Knowledge / Experience|
Holland / RIASEC Career Code: R-E-I SOC: 45-2092.02